Protect Your Investment
with homeowner's insurance
Selective Insurance Agency is an and independent insurance agency offering personalized service and expertise to help you insure your home, automobile, recreational vehicles, business and life insurance. We offer choice, advise and value to differentiate ourselves from our competitors who sell insurance products from only one company. Our goal and our personal commitment to you is to get the very best value for your insurance premium.
Selective Insurance Agency represents more than twenty top-rated insurance carriers to deliver competitively priced solutions for individuals, families and businesses. Because we represent you, our singular focus is to work with each client to find the most suitable product at the most competitive price. We do the shopping for you so do have to because when insurance companies compete for your business, you get the best value.
Beyond the insurance placement, Selective Insurance Agency being a full-service independent insurance agency, will continue to consult with you and service your policies.
We also conduct periodic insurance reviews to make sure your insurance policies are up to date and coverages are keeping up with your lifestyle changes while anticipating and managing your future risks.
We will also assist you with filing and following up on claims when the need arises.
The largest investment most people will make is in their home which is why it makes sense to protect this financial investment with a comprehensive insurance policy. Wherever you call home – whether it is a single-family home, Condo or Town House Association, we want to make sure you are insured properly.
Many mortgage lenders require that a homeowner obtains an insurance policy. We work with leading insurance companies to find you the best policy for your unique situation so you can rest assured that you are protected. Many consumers believe all insurance policies and are the same. They are not. Because it is difficult for consumers to differentiate the policies, we recommend that you discuss your specific insurance needs with one of our licensed insurance agents. Our insurance professionals will be able to discuss and provide customized solutions for your homeowners and other insurance needs.
Don't shop price alone
It's common for people to look for the cheapest possible insurance premium to minimize cost. While we understand that having homeowner's insurance is undoubtably expensive, it is important to understand that choosing the least expensive insurance policy could prove to be expensive in the event of a loss or catastrophe due to reduced or inadequate coverage.
Once you've decided on a home insurance company, get on their calendar so that they will be available when you're ready to make your move. Be sure you have home insurance day on your calendar, too. Think it all through in advance. That way, when the movers arrive, you will be able to guide them as they pack up your belongings, and sign off on any inventories they provide.
We recognize that price is an important factor when shopping for insurance and we work hard to help reduce those costs. Basing your insurance buying decision solely on price neglects important factors that make up a comprehensive insurance policy such as obtaining adequate coverage or getting good customer and claims service.
Because homeowner's insurance premiums and coverage vary from company to company, working with Selective Insurance Agency professionals that represent more than 20 top-rated insurance companies can help you find an appropriate balance of having proper coverage and affordable premium.
Our committment to you
Our role is to serve as your trusted advisor and assist you by developing customized insurance programs that ensure all your assets are protected. Our insurance professionals are committed to building long term relationships with you and earning your trust and business.Learn More @ Selective Insurance
Your request has been received! Someone will contact you soon.
Ways to lower your premium
- Raise your deductible: Deductible is the amount of money you must pay toward a loss before your insurance company starts to pay a claim. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. If you can afford to raise your deductible from, say, $1000 to $2,500, you can save up to 25% of your premium.
- Bundle your home and auto insurance: Some companies that sell homeowners and auto insurance will save you 5 to 20% of your premiums if you purchase two or more policies from them.
- Home updates: Updating your electrical system, having a newer roof, and updated mechanicals for your home will help lower your premiums. Show your pride of homeownership by keeping your home well maintained, free of debris and other visible hazards.
- Home Security: Installing a centrally monitored home security system against fire and bugler risks will reduce your premium from 5 to 15%.
- Maintain good credit: Establishing and maintaining good credit history can help reduce your insurance costs. Insurance companies are increasingly using your credit information to price your homeowners and other insurance risks. Check your credit record regularly and correct any errors promptly.
- Stay with the same insurer: You can receive special discounts if you keep your coverage with the same insurance carrier for several years.
- Conduct periodic Insurance review: Review your insurance policies with your insurance provider periodically to make sure your coverages are appropriate, adequate and your premiums are competitive.